|Sign up for our quarterly Email newsletter: HomeHealth Connections for Healthcare Providers
For Physicians and Professional Care Coordinators
HomeHealth Visiting Nurses provides education and in-services to professional healthcare providers on the extensive range of home care services. Upon request, we can arrange in-services to professional staff on topics to include:
- Home health benefits and services
- Eligibility and reimbursement programs
- Specific disease topics, including wound care, telehealth, diabetes, Lifeline, rehabilitation programs, pre- and post-operative joint replacement programs, nutrition, and asthma and wellness programs.
Our representatives work with the professional community to facilitate services, ensuring a smooth transition from a hospital or care facility to home.
If you are interested in arranging an on-site informational session, please call (800) 660-4867 and ask for "provider relations."
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) now mandates that a physician, or non-physician practitioner, must certify eligibility for Medicare home health services with a Face-to-Face (F2F) encounter. To learn more about F2F documentation requirements, and to print Referral / F2F forms, please view the links below.
Face-to-Face (F2F) Encounter Form Guidelines (.pdf)
Sample Inpatient F2F Encounter Addendum (.pdf)
Doctor's Office Referral Form F2F (.pdf)
Inpatient F2F Encounter Addendum (.pdf)
Your Guide to Medicare (.pdf)
HomeHealth Visiting Nurses maintains a comprehensive program for outcome-based quality improvement. Our efforts include participation in the National Outcome Based Quality Improvement Program, collaboration with the Northeast Health Care Quality Foundation and utilization of a comprehensive benchmarking service though Patient Care Technologies. In addition to these efforts, we contract with a national consulting firm to survey our patient satisfaction.
Important Notice on Quality Measures
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) publishes Home Health Compare for the home health industry. To learn more and review findings go to http://www.medicare.gov/
HomeHealth Connections - our Provider Newsletter (pdf format)
- Visiting Nurse Associations of America (VNAA) - A national organization of non-profit, free-standing, Medicare-certified home health agencies established to exchange and develop professional expertise for improving home care.
- Home Care Alliance of Maine - A statewide association promoting education and advocacy for the home care industry.
Winter 11 Edition
Summer 10 Edition